Five Alarm FAQ's
Get answers to your Frequently Asked Questions about home and business security and Five Alarm.
Why Choose Five Alarm Security?
- We are your local, family-owned alarm company, not some faceless national company.
- We know our subscribers, and our employees are encouraged to be active in the local community.
- We are your security experts – our employees receive extensive manufacturer and industry training to make sure your security is done right.
- Five Alarm Security is a Honeywell Authorized Security Dealer, and a First Alert Professional Security Dealer – the industry’s premier dealer group.
- We are happy to provide a list of local references that can attest to our service.
- Our UL-Listed Central Station is based here locally, but has redundant backup facilities in other parts of the country.
- We install the finest equipment by the best manufacturers, including Honeywell, Bosch, Interlogix, Optex, and DSC.
What Can Total Connect Interactive Do?
Add convenience and control to your home or business alarm with Total Connect from Honeywell. From your smartphone, tablet, or computer, you can control your alarm system, view cameras, control Home Automation, environmental control, even your locks using Z-Wave technology (with compatible equipment and optional data plan). It’s the ultimate in peace of mind. Ask how Five Alarm can put you in control of your home and business security.
- Remote Arm/Disarm: Disarm your alarm for family or a guest. Forgot to arm your alarm when you left home? Arm it from your mobile phone!
- View Event History: Track who’s been using the alarm and when. Know when your business is opening and closing.
- Remote Video Monitoring: Check in on your home or business from any compatible smartphone, tablet, or computer. Check on your kids, your staff, or your pets.
- Energy Efficiency: Save money by adding a Z-Wave thermostat to your alarm; then you can adjust thermostat settings or even preset your temperature settings in your home or business.
- Lighting Control: Automate your lights using Z-Wave technology.
- Remote Door Locks: Need to let someone in but you’re not there? Use your mobile phone to unlock or lock the door.
I currently have alarm service with a national alarm company. Can you help me?
Bring your service to a local source you know and trust. With our “Go Local and Save” promotion, we offer special savings to families and businesses who transfer their service from one of our National Competitors to Five Alarm Security. Ask for details from one of our Security Consultants.
We monitor and service most major brands of security alarm systems, including Honeywell, DSC, GE and Interlogix, among others.
I just moved into a house that has an existing alarm system. Can you monitor it?
We can monitor most alarms installed in the past 20 years. We monitor and service most major brands of security alarm systems, including Honeywell, DSC, GE and Interlogix, among others. Call our office to find out how we can protect your house – often we can provide an update to your existing equipment that will allow you to use Total Connect on your smartphone to control your alarm as well.
Can I control my alarm from my smartphone?
Yes. All of the alarms that we install can be set up with Honeywell Interactive. Control your alarm from your iPhone or Android smartphone, or any web-enabled tablet or computer. Five Alarm Security is Southern California’s number one interactive alarm company.
I have my phone lines over cable or VOIP. Can you still monitor my alarm?
Alarm systems don’t communicate reliably over VOIP connections. These include providers such as Vonage, Cox, AT&T U-Verse, Time Warner, Verizon FIOS, Ooma, etc. They might work just fine for a period of time, and then without warning stop communicating. For that reason, we do not recommend that you utilize the dialer communicator in an alarm panel. However, there is usually a solution to the communication – usually a simple communicator upgrade will allow us to monitor your alarm over internet or over a 4G cellular network, and possibly even let you control your alarm from your smartphone.
I don’t have a phone line in my house. Can you still monitor my alarm?
Absolutely! Most alarm systems can be monitored over the internet or over a 4G cellular connection with a minor update, and all of our new alarm systems can connect over internet, wifi, or cellular. Call our office to find out more about how we can assist you.